Thursday, July 10, 2008

The attack of the "Things To Do List"

... I NEED SLEEP!! My friend was making fun of the fact that I am easily busied with all manner of "trivial" tasks. In some ways I believe his is right, but I find myself in a common fix since i see very few tasks as being trivial.



My exhaustion is due to the fact that I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning readying myself for the classes i were to teach. I can be quite anal about being unprepared. I could never sleep knowing that I hadn't prepared a lesson. Does any one have a word to describe that?

I've got an immense list of things I need to do within the next 4 hours, 5 of which include:

1. Laundry
2. Call Lois
3. Wash hair
4. Prep next week's lessons
5. Type out and edit OM letter invite

So far so good huh?.. as soon as I'm done with this blog, I'll start my hair thing. Normally, I'd just leave the lesson prep till Saturday, or maybe even Sunday, but this weekend is setting up to be quite the trip. I will not chance it!

That letter needed to be typed quite some time ago. I'll get it done soon though. I don't know, I guess it just isn't a priority item on my "Things To Do List". Oops... sorry!

Following the meeting last night, I have yet more information to gather for the community web site that we're planning to launch in August. Things appear to be rolling on smoothly, but we are all very much aware of the work that remains to be done. So far, most villagers are quite intrigued by the idea, and are ever willing to volunteer information on the general history of the community.

Since being involved in this, I have found out some pretty impressive facts about our little Western Cove. I didn't know that there was, in the olden days, a gas station right in the center of the village, church located on an empty lot near my house, or that the old jetty on the bay side was used as a dock for banana boats. Seems like we have a very rich history that many villagers aren't even aware of! This web site will be a welcome source of information for all members of the community both here and abroad. Again.. wish us luck!

The hordes are calling, and I must oblige! May not be able to blog again till Monday, so... TTFN! :)

3 comments:

KG said...

I like your writing style...I just thought I'd put a note to inspire you that your wordsmithing is better than most of us (mine for sure)

Adamocrew said...

J.

Thanks for commenting on our blog "The Adamo Adventure". We will be passing back through Dominica in the late fall after hurricane season to spend more time there. (we are in Trinidad now) The boys and I loved the island and we want to show it to my wife when she rejoins the crew. Good luck with the website. Sounds interesting!

J said...

Why thanks KG.. i appreciate your note! LOL.. i almost thought that my blog was just me venting.. hadn't actually realised that people read it at all! Came across your blog via a link of a friends.. stay in touch!

You're welcome Adamo. After the hurricane season is a good time! Alas.. i would know the rigors of torrential wind and rain! Maybe i could advise on some places you could see... and hopefully avoid the snakes! :)