Sunday, July 13, 2008

...When sleep evades you!

Is it me, or have I been tired for the better part of this week. For some reason, every night this week I've been going to bed really late. Last night was no exception. And there I had been planning how restful my night was going to be. As if that wasn't enough, adding insult to injury. Before I knew it, my eyes flew open just past 5:00am and I couldn't go back to sleep! What a great start to a day. Ominous if you ask me!

Three friends and I were supposed to have zoomed off to another friend's house this weekend, scheduled to have been there from Friday evening to Sunday evening. Something came up though.. so now we're leaving today. Still, I'm thankful for the extra day home, and am planning on making maximum use of it.

Yesterday, in classic J* style.. I 'docked' an ex-friend I saw in town. I just wasn't in the mood to handle the pretense of pleasantries that I was pretty sure would ensue. Which attitude was I displaying?

A) Consideration of the other persons feelings
B) It was a completely rational thing to do at the time
C) Self preservation
D) ...Baaaa humbug!!


Whatever you've chosen, allow me to assure you that I'm usually a pretty 'nice' person, usually.


You know what.. I think I need a good camera. When the skies are dark.. and the moon is low.. those thousands of stars that adorn the smooth onyx velvet that is the sky makes my heart to melt. I don't know.. there's just something about it that I so wish I could capture in my memory forever! Tried taking a pic one night with a canon digital... Three thumbs down! Soo.. my wish list will continue to grow.


This is my favouritest ever night sky picture!! Eli, who blogs at http://antiguaisland.blogspot.com/ took this amazing picture while he was a weekend trip in Dominica! He was kind enough to allow me to use it for this post. Thanks Eli! Check out his blog. He's also got some pretty awesome pictures on his flickr page! I didn't get permission to post that link yet.. sooo too bad for you! LOL..

I'm off to the east. It promises to be a blast! You have a good weekend!

No comments: